Today’s tip for Amazingness:
Allow me to Introduce Myself
And a word of encouragement to be the best you, you can be!
Forgive me, we should have had proper introductions in the beginning. Today I will back up and take a minute to tell you a little about myself. In the comments section I’d love to hear about you! Introduce yourself in the comments area below. The link to leave a comment is in the small bluish box at the bottom of this blog post.
I live in North Carolina, but was born and bred in Virginia and still consider myself to be a Virginian! I have been married almost 4 years to the kindest, most wonderful man and together we have a blended family of 5 kids, 1 daughter-in-law (which makes us have 6 kids!) and 2 grandchildren and life is good. My husband, Van is very similar to me and we get to travel on the same journey together always learning. He likes to say that if you learn something new today it was a good day! I agree!
I am also on the same journey that you are on, one of discovering myself; this is a life long journey. Like me, I’m sure you discover that you learn new things, mature, grow, mess up, try again and that you are never finished. How exciting! It means we never have to settle and always have the chance to be the best version of ourselves, even if it takes a lifetime to get there.
I love learning, reading, family, friends, being creative, and being analytical. I don’t believe I have to be either left brained or right brained, but that I can be whole brained and I love it! (hint, there will be a future blog on right and left brain.) Here are a few things about me:
- I can play the flute and if I can hum the song in my head I can play it-pretty cool huh? but almost never pick it up anymore, though I’m not ready to give it up and should pick it up often
- I do watercolor
- I love balancing numbers and math play
- I have a Shaklee business and love it most because I can help people
- I love logic problems and do them to unwind sometimes
- I am obnoxiously curious
- I enjoy writing
- I love to cook
- It gives me great pleasure to help others succeed. Even if no one knows I was involved. With that I would much rather be the #2 person than the lead. I can make you look great all day, but don’t want the attention
- I love research with a passion
- I love technology
- I teach women’s bible study and sometimes teach in larger groups
- I teach because I am passionate for truth and understanding and like to help people see things in a way they can understand so that they can get excited too
- My faith is central to my life and decisions, though it is not usually center of this blog, knowing God intimately through his son Jesus is what makes my life tick
- Even though God is the center of my life it does not mean I only love people who believe the way I do. I believe God is love and love is not just for those how happen to be just like us. After all, I really like you even when you being you is different from me being me
- I am a amateur photographer
- I love DIY
- I consider myself to be part Martha Stewart Living and part Popular Science
- I love science fiction
- I love natural, green, earthy stuff. Meaning I’m kinda crunchy
- I love a good cozy mystery
- I love to be outside every possible minute that I can
- My love for learning means this list could go on forever and in the interest of your time and for consideration of you I will stop here.
Now that you know a little about me, let’s talk about you! Are you investing in yourself? Are you growing and become more you every day? Do you know that you are worth it?
The quote above by St. Catherine of Siena is wonderful. I put it there not to say I set the world on fire, but that as we each do the things we are meant to do, do the things that we excel at and quit trying to be someone else we will set the world on fire. We do so because everyone would be the best version of themselves working together like a well oiled clock! It would be awesome. While as a society I don’t expect it to work that way exactly I’m sure we can each do our part and today I want to encourage you to be the best you, you can be and set the world on fire! I believe in you!
My journey to amazing:
My Shaklee Life: My husband and I love having a Shaklee business. We enjoy the income it brings in, but more than that we really love the fact that every day I get to help someone else be healthier and help them be their best version of themselves. We love what Shaklee means to the environment and community as well! In our journey to amazing I – Lisa intend to grow my business and help more people and have fun in the process. If you’d like to learn more about Shaklee email us at email@example.com.
“Like” My Shaklee Life Facebook page and learn health and fitness tips as well as more about Shaklee.
My Life of Well Being: It is my determination to be more fit, and develop healthy holistic attitudes towards my health and my body. I choose to do this through education, exercise, caring for myself, and healthy eating and Shaklee.
Here is my Shaklee 180 fitness plan. If you you’d like to join me ask me about becoming a member and having access to the 180 fitness plan, meal plans and nutrition guides.
Monday & Thursday: Upper
Tuesday & Friday: Core
Wednesday & Saturday: Lower
I also add in Yoga and Tai Chi and Dolphin Pushups -oof and walking!
What motivates you? Reply and share your motivating tricks and tips.
100 Days to Amazing! You can do amazing things. I believe you can; you believe you can too!
What the 100 Days is about:
I was at the Shaklee Global Conference August 12-16th and we were challenged to 100 Days of Amazing with the question of what could we accomplish in 100 days if we really tried? I was inspired by the challenge, both as a business builder who wants to grow my business in 100 days and as an individual! What could I do in 100 days? This blog is a journey, an exercise in learning ways to be the best me, I can be and to help you be the best you, you can be while I’m at it!
Thanks for joining me on this journey!
All photography is by me. Feel free to share, but I ask that you credit the photo to my Lisa Wright Burbach. To see more of my photos visit my flickr site and Instagram listed to the right. I also have some photography on Pinterest.