Today’s tip for Amazingness:
The Benefits of Cinnamon
I’m pretty cheap, I can be bought with cinnamon-love it!! At least I’m cheap by today’s standards, in ancient Rome 1 pound of cinnamon cost the equivalent of 10 month’s wages and was a spice fit for royalty. Hmmm, should I go by Princess Lisa or Queen Lisa??
Cinnamon comes from the bark of various evergreen trees and shrubs of the genus Cinnamomum and has been used for thousands of years, however in the U.S. we rarely use true cinnamon, but a relative, Cinnamomum cassia also known as Chinese Cassia. To find true cinnamon in stores look for cinnamon that is labeled Celon, which is what most of Europe uses. Cassia is a harder and has a slightly less sweet taste than cinnamon. If you are using cinnamon for health reasons it is important to use Celon because of the high levels of coumarin, naturally found in Cassia types. Coumarin has been found to cause liver damage in some people. Otherwise you may interchange the two.
Check out The History Channel’s story on Cinnamon
Why you need Cinnamon as part of becoming Amazing!
- Full of antioxidents
- Has anti-inflammatory benefits
- Has been linked with reduced risk of heart disease
- In people with type 2 diabetes, 1 gram of cinnamon per day has beneficial effects on blood markers
- Have been shown to affect glucose and insulin
- Has been shown to reduce levels of LDL in studies
- Has been shown to raise levels of HDL in studies
- Has antifungal properties
- Has antibacterial properties
- Mood lifter
- Smelling cinnamon can enhance cognitive processing
- Tests on mice after ingesting cinnamon have shown neuron protection, normalized levels of neurotransmitters, and improved motor functions. Which is hopeful for future treatment in patients with Parkinsons
These are just some of the benefits of cinnamon, so sprinkle on and enjoy!
So, how’s it going towards my personal goals to amazing?
Goal two, my health and fitness: Today I am eager to keep moving, I am loving how I feel as I exercise daily. My clothes are fitting better and I am feeling stronger!! So today I will keep moving and of course I will Strip and Shake.
100 Days to Amazing! You can do amazing things.
I believe you can; you believe you can too!
What the 100 Days is about:
I was at the Shaklee Global Conference August 12-16th and we were challenged to 100 Days of Amazing with the question of what could we accomplish in 100 days if we really tried? I was inspired by the challenge, both as a business builder who wants to grow my business in 100 days and as an individual! What could I do in 100 days?
My Journey to Amazing: My 100 Days to Amazing are committed to making a more successful business as a Shaklee Independent Distributor and I am also committed to 100 days to amazing health and fitness. I want to be fit for my future making sure that my health span matches my life span as closely as possible. This is my Journey.
All photography is by me. Feel free to share, but I ask that you credit the photo to my Lisa Wright Burbach. To see more of my photos visit my flickr site and Instagram listed to the right. I also have some photography on Pinterest.