Today’s tip for Amazingness:
Yoga, Give it a Try
You don’t have to be a Yogi or spend years researching the 5000 year history, teaching, and practices to benefit from Yoga. You can benefit just by adding some yoga positions to you daily or weekly workout. Even you!
Yoga is for everyone! If you picture some chic wrapped up like a pretzel and think “there is nooooo way” don’t worry, there is much of Yoga which is gentle and doable, buty hey! Maybe one day you’ll be pretzel too!. Plus, studies are showing that Yoga has an amazing impact on our body and emotions. Some of the benefits of Yoga:
- Helps alleviate stress
- Helps you be more focused
- Improves breathing, allow you to learn to breathe more deeply
- Is an effective strength training tool
- Develops flexibility
- Helps build balance
- Has been show to fight depression and other mental health conditions
- Can be an effective treatment for chronic back pain
- Improvement in heart health including heart disease
- Can help improve asthma symptoms
- Increases endurance
- Can improve posture
- Can help with arthritis symptoms
- Can help you sleep
- Improve your memory
- Helps prevent the breakdown of cartilage
- Helps lower blood pressure
Really the list goes on! Many universities have dedicated time and research to these benefits and I recommend looking into it.
If you would like to add yoga to your workouts I have several recommendations.
- Jane Fonda has made a series of workout videos for older people, she was 75 when she made them! The yoga one is a great video and not just for young people, but a great introduction.
- Personally I really enjoy the Youtube series Yoga with Adriene. It is easy to follow and she is genuine.
- Consider joining a class, many gyms offer good Yoga classes
Find the way that works for you and get stretching!
So, how’s it going towards my personal goals to amazing?
Goal one, my Shaklee Business: Yesterday was Labor Day and my husband and I had a quiet day at home.
Goal two, my health and fitness: Yesterday even though we had a quiet day at home we still got in a lovely nature walk! Today I will do some Yoga, watch the babies, strip and shake!
100 Days to Amazing! You can do amazing things.
I believe you can; you believe you can too!
What the 100 Days is about:
I was at the Shaklee Global Conference August 12-16th and we were challenged to 100 Days of Amazing with the question of what could we accomplish in 100 days if we really tried? I was inspired by the challenge, both as a business builder who wants to grow my business in 100 days and as an individual! What could I do in 100 days?
My Journey to Amazing: My 100 Days to Amazing are committed to making a more successful business as a Shaklee Independent Distributor and I am also committed to 100 days to amazing health and fitness. I want to be fit for my future making sure that my health span matches my life span as closely as possible. This is my Journey.
All photography is by me. Feel free to share, but I ask that you credit the photo to my Lisa Wright Burbach. To see more of my photos visit my flickr site and Instagram listed to the right. I also have some photography on Pinterest.