Today’s tip for Amazingness:
My favorite poem is by Robert Frost, it’s not the one your thinking of; two roads and all that, though that is a fine poem. This one is touches my heart because it is how I want to be. I never want to be to “busy” and miss a moment, a “friendly visit”.
A Time to Talk
WHEN a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don’t stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven’t hoed,
And shout from where I am, What is it?
No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” ― Elbert Hubbard
- “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” ― Mark Twain
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you…I could walk through my garden forever.” ― Alfred Lord Tennyson
- One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead. Walk beside me… just be my friend” ― Anonymous
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – Winnie the Pooh
These paint a precious picture of a bond, true relationship and that is what friendship is. Sometimes it happens in an instant and others over years, but friends are worth having and holding dear. In addition to the joy friends bring us they bring us health too. Take a look at a few benefits of having friends.
- Provide support
- Help you feel that you belong
- Help provide wisdom and comfort in times of need, injury, and distress
- Help you celebrate
- Help protect your heart – a Swedish study found that having few or no friends increase risk of heart attack by 50% and another study found that women with coronary disease without a support system were twice as likely to die during the study.
- Relieves stress
- Have fewer inflammatory chemicals in the blood
- Help protect against loneliness
- Live a longer life – an Australian study found that those in their study with a large group of friends outlived those with the fewest by as much as 22%.
Don’t waste time. Phone a friend, make a lunch date, go for a walk, just “be” together. Don’t get hung up over petty things and it is ok, to let go of a relationship that is unhealthy. Just do it as lovingly as possible. Be amazing!
My Goals for this 100 days:
My Shaklee Life: Being part of Shaklee is so tremendous. If I never made a dime my life is richer because of the Shaklee Family. When I first heard people refer to the “Shaklee Family” I thought that was kinda “culty”, but it isn’t. It is a group of people, a very large group of people, who love each other, support each other, care for one another, listen, cry with you, laugh with you, hold your hand, teach you, and just “be” with you. I’ve never see a community quite like it. By joining Shaklee I gained a great big family and with it tremendous friendships and more love than you can believe. I love my Shaklee Family!
Yesterday I was touched by my Shaklee family as a couple of my friends reached out and touched my heart and I am truly grateful and rich!
“Like” My Shaklee Life Facebook page and learn health and fitness tips as well as more about Shaklee.
My Life of Well Being: I had a great workout yesterday, after a friend reached out her hand and pulled my butt into gear!
Here is my Shaklee 180 fitness plan. If you you’d like to join me ask me about becoming a member and having access to the 180 fitness plan, meal plans and nutrition guides.
Monday & Thursday: Upper
Tuesday & Friday: Core
Wednesday & Saturday: Lower
I also add in Yoga and Tai Chi and Dolphin Pushups -oof
What is 180? Take a look at this video, but take note that the 180 shake has been upgraded and improved to the new Life Shake.
What motivates you? Reply and share your motivating tricks and tips.
100 Days to Amazing! You can do amazing things. I believe you can; you believe you can too!
What the 100 Days is about:
I was at the Shaklee Global Conference August 12-16th and we were challenged to 100 Days of Amazing with the question of what could we accomplish in 100 days if we really tried? I was inspired by the challenge, both as a business builder who wants to grow my business in 100 days and as an individual! What could I do in 100 days?
My Journey to Amazing: My 100 Days to Amazing are committed to making a more successful business as a Shaklee Independent Distributor and I am also committed to 100 days to amazing health and fitness. I want to be fit for my future making sure that my health span matches my life span as closely as possible. This is my Journey.
All photography is by me. Feel free to share, but I ask that you credit the photo to my Lisa Wright Burbach. To see more of my photos visit my flickr site and Instagram listed to the right. I also have some photography on Pinterest.