Today’s tip for Amazingness:
Being a Foodie
or learning to see and appreciate
I consider myself a foodie! I love to cook food, eat food, watch food shows, learn about food. I just love it. But, it isn’t about gluttony or anything like that, I have learned to appreciate what a good meal does when we dine together, to see the creativity and heart of a chef, to value the fresh ingredients, to see the whole picture in a meal from farm to table!
It is in some part similar to the mindful eating we looked at earlier. When I eat a meal I am aware of the person who prepared it, the freshness of the produce or meats, I am sensing how the flavors blend together and I slow down to experience the feel of it in my mouth, the smell etc. In our culture this sounds a little crazy, but in other parts of the world it is pretty normal. Enjoy your food, slow down and experience it!
When I cook for others I think about how it will make them feel, how they may feel loved and cared for, will they enjoy it? Not because I want props as a chef, but because if you come to my table I want you to go away knowing it was a safe place where you could share your heart and have yours filled- by route of your taste buds and stomach!
Through food I have learned to see and appreciate so much more than just “filling the hole”. I love the sense of community as well as the things listed above. Food is not the only way to learn to see and appreciate. We need to learn to do this in everything we do. Slow down and see, really see, see beyond what you see!
Here are some areas I like to do this and I’d love to hear from you about what touches your heart and how you can learn to apply this to other areas of life.
- Photography- when I take pictures I like to see more deeply than just a snapshot. I want to see the soul of a person, the heartbeat of a landscape, the essence of a plant. It is comforting to me to be part of it!
- How this applies to life: Learning to look at the small picture as well as the big picture is part of this experience and will serve you well in business and in life.
- Nature walks – I love to hear the leaves, animals and bugs. I want to smell the air, feel the grass, trees, and air. I want to be part of my environment and notice all the small details. For me, this is worshipful!
- How this applies to life: Similar to above, everything you do has tiny details and small parts and understanding those helps us be more conscientious and perform better in our careers and relationships. Things like recognizing the person who photocopied all of those presentations for your client, or if it is you realize that the simple act of photocopying that presentation means you played a part in the success of the whole company. Nothing is unimportant. Bosses-this is key for you to see.
- Conversation- When I get to have a conversation with someone I like to see who they are in it, what makes them tick? What touches their hearts? Do they feel listened too? Do they feel understood. It is not just an exchange of words, it is a chance to touch another human and engage!
- How this applies to life – Yet another example of seeing and appreciating. Learning to understand the person you are talking to is meaningful. Learning to see cues and body language and take it all in allows you to appreciate someone more, even if they are very different. It is like I always say “I really like you, even if you being you, is different from be being me.”
Those are just some of the ways I am learning to see and appreciate. It is a lifelong journey of learning and there are times when I fail. I get busy, impatient, inattentive, and unseeing, but everyday I get a new chance.
Turn on your senses, experience, see and appreciate! I promise it will be amazing!
My Goals for this 100 days:
My Shaklee Life: One of the first things I was told when I joined Shaklee was to learn to listen! Hear and see the person you are talking to, not as just another customer but as a person with real lives, needs, and hearts! It is one of the things I value in Shaklee. We all count.
I am headed out of town this weekend and looking for opportunities to share Shaklee. Helping people understand that we don’t have to be in the same town to have a successful business relationship is something I’m working on. Plus, I love Shaklee and can’t wait to share! I’m starting off by gearing up in my Shaklee gear -T-shirt, awesome sunglasses for the beach and my water bottle! I love when people see it and say “Shaklee, What’s Shaklee?” Well let me tell you!!!
“Like” My Shaklee Life Facebook page and learn health and fitness tips as well as more about Shaklee.
My Life of Well Being: My husband gave me a fit bit for Christmas and my goal is 10,000 steps. Yesterday I was super stoked to make my fitbit go off! It does a sort of happy dance on your wrist when you reach your goal! So, after watch the grandbabies I went to the park on the way home and took the paved and nature trails and walked until I got my fitbit happy dance! On a side note, I can barely get in anything to eat on the days I watch the kids so I do a Life Shake for breakfast, a Meal Bar for lunch, and a banana and Snack Bar as snacks on the way home and I don’t have to worry about what I’m eating, because Shaklee Science did for me!
Here is my Shaklee 180 fitness plan. If you you’d like to join me ask me about becoming a member and having access to the 180 fitness plan, meal plans and nutrition guides.
Monday & Thursday: Upper
Tuesday & Friday: Core
Wednesday & Saturday: Lower
I also add in Yoga and Tai Chi and Dolphin Pushups -oof and walking!
What is 180? Take a look at this video, but take note that the 180 shake has been upgraded and improved to the new Life Shake.
What motivates you? Reply and share your motivating tricks and tips.
100 Days to Amazing! You can do amazing things. I believe you can; you believe you can too!
What the 100 Days is about:
I was at the Shaklee Global Conference August 12-16th and we were challenged to 100 Days of Amazing with the question of what could we accomplish in 100 days if we really tried? I was inspired by the challenge, both as a business builder who wants to grow my business in 100 days and as an individual! What could I do in 100 days?
My Journey to Amazing: My 100 Days to Amazing are committed to making a more successful business as a Shaklee Independent Distributor and I am also committed to 100 days to amazing health and fitness. I want to be fit for my future making sure that my health span matches my life span as closely as possible. This is my Journey.
All photography is by me. Feel free to share, but I ask that you credit the photo to my Lisa Wright Burbach. To see more of my photos visit my flickr site and Instagram listed to the right. I also have some photography on Pinterest.