Today’s tip for Amazingness:
Eating out Tips
I love to make healthy meals! I especially love to make meals that seem decadent and wait until my guests moan about blowing their diets and then tell them how their meal only seemed fattening! “Really!!” they say! Yes really!! “No way!” “Yep!” This is fun. I think that if you honor the ingredients and bring out the natural flavors you can easily keep the dishes lower in sodium and fats and full of all the good stuff and flavor.
- If time allows look at menus online and choose a restaurant with meals you feel fit your dietary needs or goals
- Try to go out to eat before you are famished
- Use the fitness app on your smart phone. I plug my choices into myfitnesspal and compare, but there are many great apps available
- Restaurant meals are often the size or 2 or more portions. Try asking for a take out box at the beginning of the meal and put half or more in the box before you take the first bit.
- Choose steamed, broiled, and baked over fried
- Watch the salad dressing, this is where all the calories are. Try just squeezing lemon or lime on your salad or dilute your dressing with some milk.
- Choose vegetables as a side over fries or onion rings
- Watch the sauces. Sauces can really amp up the fats, sodium, and calories
- Don’t be afraid to ask for special preparation. Some restaurants offer a “guilt free” option. It doesn’t hurt to ask
- Consider skipping the bread or chip basket or decide to only allow your self a certain amount and stick to it.
- Make eating out a treat not a habit. This helps save money as well as calories
- Try ordering an appetizer as your main meal
- Split the meal
- Enjoy yourself, do your best and don’t shame yourself
- Sometimes you have to splurge. It’s OK to have eat the cream sauces, fried foods, and desserts if it is an occasional thing. If you deny yourself completely you will set yourself up to fail
My journey to amazing:
My Shaklee Life: My husband and I love having a Shaklee business. We enjoy the income it brings in, but more than that we really love the fact that every day I get to help someone else be healthier and help them be their best version of themselves. We love what Shaklee means to the environment and community as well! In our journey to amazing I – Lisa intend to grow my business and help more people and have fun in the process. If you’d like to learn more about Shaklee email us at email@example.com.
“Like” My Shaklee Life Facebook page and learn health and fitness tips as well as more about Shaklee.
My Life of Well Being: It is my determination to be more fit, and develop healthy holistic attitudes towards my health and my body. I choose to do this through education, exercise, caring for myself, and healthy eating and Shaklee.
Here is my Shaklee 180 fitness plan. If you you’d like to join me ask me about becoming a member and having access to the 180 fitness plan, meal plans and nutrition guides.
Monday & Thursday: Upper
Tuesday & Friday: Core
Wednesday & Saturday: Lower
I also add in Yoga and Tai Chi and Dolphin Pushups -oof and walking!
What motivates you? Reply and share your motivating tricks and tips.
100 Days to Amazing! You can do amazing things. I believe you can; you believe you can too!
What the 100 Days is about:
I was at the Shaklee Global Conference August 12-16th and we were challenged to 100 Days of Amazing with the question of what could we accomplish in 100 days if we really tried? I was inspired by the challenge, both as a business builder who wants to grow my business in 100 days and as an individual! What could I do in 100 days? This blog is a journey, an exercise in learning ways to be the best me, I can be and to help you be the best you, you can be while I’m at it!
Thanks for joining me on this journey!
All photography is by me. Feel free to share, but I ask that you credit the photo to my Lisa Wright Burbach. To see more of my photos visit my flickr site and Instagram listed to the right. I also have some photography on Pinterest.