Today’s tip for Amazingness:
Eco-friendly tip: Rain Barrels
Here in North Carolina we have had a lot or rain lately and I know some of you in the mid-west have had record numbers of rain. Let’s take advantage of all of that rain and not let all that wonderful water go to waste! During the summer watering lawns and gardens makes up 40% of total household water usage. Collecting rain water is a great way to help conserve water, plus there other benefits as well.
- Saves water – according to the EPA a rain barrel can save the average household 1,300 gallons of water during peak summer months
- Good for your plants and the soil – Rain water is naturally “soft” water free of chlorine, lime, and calcium as well as being highly oxygenated
- During times of water restrictions you will still be able to water your garden
- By using rain water you help offset the cost of water treatment by using “pre-treated” water
- The lack of chemicals found in rain water makes it great for washing your car and pets too
- Help protect against runoff pollution – Water running off of roofs etc. finds its way to the streets and then lakes and rivers bringing with it pesticides and other chemicals gathered during its journey through the streets and yards. Experts say runoff is the number one culprit of water pollution in the U.S.
- Rainwater collection can also reduce erosion by slowing the process or runoff
- Saves money by reducing your water bill
Aside from collecting the rain take a chance to enjoy it. Curl up with a good book, notice the beauty of it, and take a walk in the rain it is a wonderful experience! Don’t forget to splash in the puddles, life is short it should include play!
My journey to amazing:
My Shaklee Life: My husband and I love having a Shaklee business. We enjoy the income it brings in, but more than that we really love the fact that every day I get to help someone else be healthier and help them be their best version of themselves. We love what Shaklee means to the environment and community as well! In our journey to amazing I – Lisa intend to grow my business and help more people and have fun in the process. If you’d like to learn more about Shaklee email us at email@example.com.
“Like” My Shaklee Life Facebook page and learn health and fitness tips as well as more about Shaklee.
My Life of Well Being: It is my determination to be more fit, and develop healthy holistic attitudes towards my health and my body. I choose to do this through education, exercise, caring for myself, and healthy eating and Shaklee.
Here is my Shaklee 180 fitness plan. If you you’d like to join me ask me about becoming a member and having access to the 180 fitness plan, meal plans and nutrition guides.
Monday & Thursday: Upper
Tuesday & Friday: Core
Wednesday & Saturday: Lower
I also add in Yoga and Tai Chi and Dolphin Pushups -oof and walking!
What motivates you? Reply and share your motivating tricks and tips.
100 Days to Amazing! You can do amazing things. I believe you can; you believe you can too!
What the 100 Days is about:
I was at the Shaklee Global Conference August 12-16th and we were challenged to 100 Days of Amazing with the question of what could we accomplish in 100 days if we really tried? I was inspired by the challenge, both as a business builder who wants to grow my business in 100 days and as an individual! What could I do in 100 days? This blog is a journey, an exercise in learning ways to be the best me, I can be and to help you be the best you, you can be while I’m at it!
Thanks for joining me on this journey!
All photography is by me. Feel free to share, but I ask that you credit the photo to my Lisa Wright Burbach. To see more of my photos visit my flickr site and Instagram listed to the right. I also have some photography on Pinterest.