Today’s tip for Amazingness:
It Turns out your Mom was Right!
40 Things Mom was right about
As we get older we begin to realize that our parents actually knew something and appreciate the wisdom; it is part of what gives us our own momisms, or dadisms, or youisms. Here are a few from my life. I left out the stranger ones and they are probably not going to turn out to be true, but now I know not to judge, time will tell!
40 things mom was right about:
- Put a little lipstick on, it adds color to your face
- Wear sunscreen
- Drink plenty of water
- Get a good nights sleep
- Take a jacket
- Go to the bathroom before you leave
- It’ll get better before you get married
- Take care of your feet and teeth, they have to last a lifetime
- If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. This one was very popular with one mom! Used whenever I said “I wish…”
- If bullfrogs had wings, they wouldn’t go around bumping their butts all day. Usually said when I said “If…”
- Mind your Manners
- Write thank you notes
- Dress up a little when you are feeling down
- Kill them with kindness
- It isn’t the end of the world
- Don’t holler till your hurt
- Intelligent people never get bored – in other words, you’re smart figure out something to do!
- It only takes a second to do it right the first time
- To hold onto something sometimes you have to let it go
- Pray first
- For every end there is a new beginning
- Play nice
- Do your best
- Just Have fun
- To never try is to fail
- Count your blessings
- Don’t count your eggs before they hatch
- You can do anything you set your mind to
- Be courteous
- Don’t lie
- Let others go first
- Don’t interrupt
- Life isn’t always fair
- You’ll understand when you are older
- Never stop dreaming
- Never stop learning
- Look it up. I asked a lot of questions and this was the answer, but as a result it bread a love of learning. It is so much better to “look it up” then to be handed the answer.
- Get a good night’s sleep
- You are what you eat
Double moms, double momisms!
What life lessons have you learned from your parents? I recommend taking a little time to reflect on, maybe write down the tidbits your parents have passed down and see how many you think are true and if you gain a new appreciation for your parents as a result.
My journey to amazing:
My Shaklee Life: My husband and I love having a Shaklee business. We enjoy the income it brings in, but more than that we really love the fact that every day I get to help someone else be healthier and help them be their best version of themselves. We love what Shaklee means to the environment and community as well! In our journey to amazing I – Lisa intend to grow my business and help more people and have fun in the process. If you’d like to learn more about Shaklee email us at email@example.com.
“Like” My Shaklee Life Facebook page and learn health and fitness tips as well as more about Shaklee.
My Life of Well Being: It is my determination to be more fit, and develop healthy holistic attitudes towards my health and my body. I choose to do this through education, exercise, caring for myself, and healthy eating and Shaklee.
Here is my Shaklee 180 fitness plan. If you you’d like to join me ask me about becoming a member and having access to the 180 fitness plan, meal plans and nutrition guides.
Monday & Thursday: Upper
Tuesday & Friday: Core
Wednesday & Saturday: Lower
I also add in Yoga and Tai Chi and Dolphin Pushups -oof and walking!
What motivates you? Reply and share your motivating tricks and tips.
I would love it if you would join my team either as a customer or a business builder! Here is a short video about the Shaklee Opportunity and please visit my website at http://lisaburbach.myshaklee.com
100 Days to Amazing! You can do amazing things. I believe you can; you believe you can too!
What the 100 Days is about:
I was at the Shaklee Global Conference August 12-16th and we were challenged to 100 Days of Amazing with the question of what could we accomplish in 100 days if we really tried? I was inspired by the challenge, both as a business builder who wants to grow my business in 100 days and as an individual! What could I do in 100 days? This blog is a journey, an exercise in learning ways to be the best me, I can be and to help you be the best you, you can be while I’m at it!
Thanks for joining me on this journey!
All photography is by me. Feel free to share, but I ask that you credit the photo to my Lisa Wright Burbach. To see more of my photos visit my flickr site and Instagram listed to the right. I also have some photography on Pinterest.