Today’s tip for Amazingness:
Today’s Tip: Tips and Tricks with Everyday Items
My mother, grandmother, aunts, uncles, etc., your family, the dad from “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” all of them use some weird household item for something other than its intended purpose, but you know what? It often works! Don’t underestimate good ole elbow grease, down home ingenuity, and old school tips and tricks. You might just become the one squirting everyone with window cleaner! Here are a few tips and tricks using everyday, household items:
- Coat your lawnmower blades with solid shorting to help keep the grass from sticking to the blades and to prevent rust
- Crushed chalk to polish marble and metal using a soft cloth to rub it
- Make a paste using cornstarch and milk to remove ink stains in carpet. Let dry and then vacuum
- Clean your brass, copper, and stainless steel with a paste of lemon juice and salt
- Having trouble sleeping? Try adding a little honey to your warm milk, honey is calming.
- Try a little cornstarch powder paste for the “ring around the collar”
- Want a carpet freshener without the chemicals? Try mixing baking soda and your favorite spice or herb (stay away from things like curry that could stain). Mix together and sprinkle on the carpet then vacuum it up! I like lavender!
- Can’t find your scrubby? Try balling up a piece of aluminum foil and use it as a scrubby on pots and pans. Don’t use on non-stick surfaces.
- Try sharpening craft scissors by making a few cuts in aluminum foil
- Use toothpaste to remove scuff marks on shoes
- Some toothpastes can be used to polish your silver. Rub on like a traditional silver polish, dip in warm water and gently rub. Buff dry with a clean, soft rag
- Make your diamond ring sparkle by soaking in a fizzy denture cleanser solution.
- For bee stings apply a paste of salt and water and let dry then rinse off
- Also for bee stings apply a dab of honey to the sting
- Mix 1 tsp of salt into 16 ounces of water then dip cotton balls or cloth rags in the solution, lie down and place on eyelids for 15 minutes to relieve puffy eyes
Happy problem solving!
I do many of these things and grew up learning about them, but admit I use Shaklee for almost everything. Scour off, Basic H, the laundry detergent etc. all do a wonderful job so I honestly don’t think to use anything else, but is nice to know what to do just the same!
As you search for safe, green, and effective products I’d like to help you learn about Shaklee and the commitment to your health and the environment. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-638-1681 to learn more or visit my website at http://lisaburbach.myshaklee.com.
My journey to amazing:
My Shaklee Life: My husband and I love having a Shaklee business. We enjoy the income it brings in, but more than that we really love the fact that every day I get to help someone else be healthier and help them be their best version of themselves. We love what Shaklee means to the environment and community as well! In our journey to amazing I – Lisa intend to grow my business and help more people and have fun in the process. If you’d like to learn more about Shaklee email us at email@example.com.
“Like” My Shaklee Life Facebook page and learn health and fitness tips as well as more about Shaklee.
My Life of Well Being: It is my determination to be more fit, and develop healthy holistic attitudes towards my health and my body. I choose to do this through education, exercise, caring for myself, and healthy eating and Shaklee.
Here is my Shaklee 180 fitness plan. If you you’d like to join me ask me about becoming a member and having access to the 180 fitness plan, meal plans and nutrition guides.
Monday & Thursday: Upper
Tuesday & Friday: Core
Wednesday & Saturday: Lower
I also add in Yoga and Tai Chi and Dolphin Pushups -oof and walking!
What motivates you? Reply and share your motivating tricks and tips.
100 Days to Amazing! You can do amazing things. I believe you can; you believe you can too!
What the 100 Days is about:
I was at the Shaklee Global Conference August 12-16th and we were challenged to 100 Days of Amazing with the question of what could we accomplish in 100 days if we really tried? I was inspired by the challenge, both as a business builder who wants to grow my business in 100 days and as an individual! What could I do in 100 days? This blog is a journey, an exercise in learning ways to be the best me, I can be and to help you be the best you, you can be while I’m at it!
Thanks for joining me on this journey!
All photography is by me. Feel free to share, but I ask that you credit the photo to my Lisa Wright Burbach. To see more of my photos visit my flickr site and Instagram listed to the right. I also have some photography on Pinterest.