My husband Van and I are best friends and enjoy loving people and encouraging each person to be the healthiest, best person they can be. We do this with each other and our friends. We have each walked through trials, faced pain, faced joy and chosen to grow through it all and we want to help others do the same.
In our house there is a new term “momisims” these are things I say that my kids and friends say “that sounds like mom or something your mom would say!” One of the biggest ones is “how’s your heart?” and that is really what much of what you’ll find here is about. “How’s your heart?” it means
- Are you ok?
- Are you learning?
- Are you keeping healthy boundaries?
- Are you nurturing relationships?
- Are you taking care of yourself?
- spending time with God
- eating well
- keeping your home non-toxic
- taking care of your body
- spending time with friends
- Are you thinking?
- Are you following through?
- Are you forgiving, loving, being kind, generous and caring?
- Are you willing to be…?
Part of this and another momism is “I really love you being you, even if you being you is different from me being me”. I hope to help in these areas as you spend a little time wandering through these pages.